Friday 11 January 2008

Long-distance

It's times like this I wish we could talk
(eye to eye,
hand in hand,
face to face.)
But once again
I'm here alone
Eyes screwed shut,
Pretending I can feel you lying beside me.
Imagining your warmth, your voice.
Every thought a longing.
And I know that the moment
You hear how I miss you
You want to be by my side.
(Heart to heart,
truth to truth,
skin on skin.)
Science or magic,
I know that I'm yours,
And I long for the day we can be
Hand on heart,
life of love
soul in skin.

3 comments:

  1. I know the feeling all too well... but im going to eye to eye, hand in hand and face to face with her again soon, the waiting just makes it that much better when we are together.

    - John

    ReplyDelete
  2. John! Good as always to hear from you :) I'm very glad to hear you'll be with your lady soon. Send her my love. x x

    ReplyDelete