Friday 4 July 2008

Accomplished young lady


I can read and speak half a dozen different languages,
Dance and sing and play the piano
I can paint and clean and I'm good at making sandwiches,
I'm quite an accomplished young lady you know.

I'm neat and sweet and admirably taciturn,
Some rich bachelor will fall in love with me.
I'm good at crotchet and never speaking out of turn,
I'm quite the example of how girls should be.

I'm graceful, beautiful, but blessed with sweet propriety,
Modesty turns my cheeks a gentle rose.
I say my prayers as examples of my piety,
And I'm merciful to all the worst of my foes.

I can read and speak half a dozen different languages,
But as I'm just a woman my talent merely languishes,
Far be it from me to speak of all my anguishes
But I'm quite an accomplished young lady, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment