Wednesday 14 March 2007

Can't forget

There's a lot of wasted words that I've thrown away on you
A lot of empty promises I couldn't carry through
A lot of tears and anguish, but they haven't changed a thing,
And endless useless months have passed that haven't dulled the sting.

And why can't I forget
And why can't I move on?
Why's it not over yet?
Is there still more to come?

I'd bet a lot of money that you haven't thought of me
Half as often or as fondly as I've kept your memory.
I wrote so many letters that I never tried to send,
And even now I wonder if you call yourself my friend.

What am I to you now?
What was I to start with?
What are you to me now?
More crap to fill my heart with.

I know you never knew me, 'coz I hid myself from you.
But I was shy and younger then, so what else could I do?
There's no doubt in my mind that I have changed a lot since then.
We'd have to get to know each other from the start again.

Is it worth it to you?
Should I just let it die?
And what else could I do
When we never said goodbye?

No comments:

Post a Comment