Thursday 1 March 2007

Where is he in the dark places?

I've never been there
Can't begin to understand,
To sympathise or help.
There's nothing I can say or do,
You know the feeling.
Sometimes we see no rhyme or rhythm.
Maybe it's hidden, maybe it's just
Not
There.
Sometimes it feels like the Hows and the Whys
Have burned out and faded to ash.

I cried.
I know that doesn't help.
It would be stupid to care, I suppose,
I should joke and move on,
Try not to let the pain touch too close to home.
Can worrying help you grow an inch taller?
Live a day longer?

I prayed.
I know that doesn't help,
Or if it does, it helps silently, invisibly,
Creeping along the carpet and onto your bed and into your heart -
Doing invisible things, perhaps.

I can't carry your pain,
Would I if I could?
I don't know, you said yourself -
You can't die to heal another.
You can't, I can't. (He can, you know he can)

I don't understand
It's not fair
Not fair

No comments:

Post a Comment