Tuesday 21 August 2007

"the flight of perseverance"

in this hail of gunfire
I'm trying to spread my wings
to rise above
no matter how many knives are shattered in my spine
perseverance is my guide
the chains of enemies and hatred
will give way to my triumphs
I will take my place in the skies
I will cover my fists in blood to be there
your hateful embrace
grounds me no longer
i will fly (above)
i will fly (beyond)
what everyone expected
my wrongs will be seen as right
my regrets will fade
my fists will solidify my existence
now crumble as I outshine your hellish reality
now is my time
now is your end
now my story begins
as your ashes blow away
my only regret
is that you couldn't be with me
in triumph.
________________________

"the epic tale of perseverance and disaster (bleeding the glass dry to crawl over)"

standing strong
so painful so tiring
every path i walk
strewn with the embers of lies and shards of anger
stripped of integrity
barely escaping your walls
covered in wrath
with each cleansing wound
I come closer to it all
the truth
overwhelming and disastrous
creates so many barriers ahead
offering no safety, only answers
leading me on
pushing me over each burning ember
calling me through every painful step
offering the illusion of finality
but with every barrier broken
no matter how painful and mind shattering
i will beg for more
every wound will plead for it
from you
from my past
from every action taken or ignored
it will wash away
the bullshit covering communication
from every scream
from every word
I beg for truth
in all of its glorious bitter reality
like the addict to the needle
my veins feen for your mouth to utter everything you mean
no matter how sharp the glass I travel
even on hands and knees
I'll take it all in stride
every burn
every wound
every tear
every drop of blood
every knife pulled from my back
every time I nod to shrug you off
every moment I know you lie
every wince inducing flashback
shall burn bright inside me
regardless of how far in the ground they put me
no matter what bones shatter
beyond sanity
beyond reason
beyond control
beyond common sense
lies pride
my backbone
my desire
no matter how far i am dragged to my grave......
.....i will stand up again welcoming every painful step
and if i fall
i will crawl forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment