Tuesday 28 August 2007

Interval

I say I won't worry, but please don't believe that
You know I'll care, maybe more than I should.
I know you, and now I'm reluctant to leave that
When I've seen a glimmer of something so good.

I'm saying I'll be here, I'm ready to catch you
I hope more than you do I'm telling the truth.
It's so hard to keep up, I'm trying to match you
But I can't fight drama with wisdom and youth.

Given half a chance I'll keep you
Safe and okay
Until you're ready to join in the dance
Given half a chance.

You're sitting there sad, silent as before now,
Looking in serious need of a smile.
Whatever you say shocks me to the core now
I'll stay and I'll help you and talk for a while.

I haven't decided to go on without you,
It's just that I'm realising you might need time.
I want to find out so much more about you
To see more of your heart, and to show you mine.

So do what you think best my dear
I'll be here
I know you've got to make up your own mind,
And take your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment