Monday 12 February 2007

A Mistake

He reminded me of you, it took me by surprise.
Now I'm thinking of you and trying to remember
Remember the colour of your eyes.

I know I lost touch with you, I guess that was my choice,
But I can't shake the feeling that I need to remember
Remember the soft tone of your voice.

So long ago, so far away, I saw you spotlit noon-bright day.
So fast it passed, so hard to say why you left me where I lay.
Your cymbal eyes so bright and clear, your stronger hand was ever near,
And yet I feel a freezing fear to think of how you left me here.
With all my might I fell on you, I held my breath and fell right through.
I didn't know what else to do but wish your every promise true.

But every memory rekindles sharp-fresh pain,
Now I know why I tried so hard to forget you,
Forget you and be cleansed by summer rain.

I can't quite get the courage to say that last goodbye.
Of course, I know the smart thing is simply to leave my
Leave my feelings for you where they lie.

2 comments:

  1. that's a seriously good poem!
    quite emotional.
    i also loved the box one, as always. :)

    keep writing more, i love to read these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I wasn't to keen on it myself, I couldn't get the meter to work. Raaargh.

    ReplyDelete