Thursday 25 January 2007

Manic Lullabye: Part 1

How doth the lonely pudding stand,
Within my green and sweaty hand?
Alooba-looba, pudding said.
My big repugnant palm fell dead.
The pudding then, it flew away,
And blew a kiss, which made my day.
Over my shoulder, if you care,
Invigilators hovered there.
They fled my fearsome tremblous voice,
I kicked my heels and didst rejoice.

I danced in circles. As I span,
I saw a breathless-looking man
Running very fast indeed
To keep up with my spiral speed.
He smiled and he took my hand,
And told me he was in a band.
And though the lights were pretty dim,
I saw hundreds run with him!
In a band of people, they
Circled me then ran away.

Shortly after this man left,
I wept as I felt bereft.
As my tears did flood the room,
I heard an almighty BOOM!
Followed by a sonic patter.
Never was there such a clatter!
A centipede with wooden limb,
I never saw one big as him.
As he trampled down the halls,
Gigantically he shook the walls.

And I quoth, “That’s the last time I
Fall asleep to Manic Lullabye.”

4 comments:

  1. i thought you swore never to make public manic lullabye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't want to lose the copyright... but apparently I'm ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i remeba when u wrote that & recited it in Mr Rocks (sorry, White) lesson! Twas uite amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh Mr Rock, the thrilling lessons we had with him! lol good to know you're reading, anonymous :) I'm gonna guess... kerry.

    ReplyDelete